How do you know if you have hearing loss?
If you answer yes to several of the following statements, then it is recommended that you make an appointment with Dr. McQueeney to see if a hearing loss exists and what can be done about it.
- Do you have trouble understanding words, especially in background noise?
- Do you confuse sounds and therefore, misunderstand words, i.e. mat vs. pat?
- Do you have trouble hearing the doorbell or telephone?
- Do you often have to ask people to repeat?
- Do you believe that everyone is “mumbling?”
- Do you get frustrated and/or embarrassed during conversation because you answer inappropriately?
- Do you tend to withdraw from social situations because it is too much work to hear/communicate?
- Do you have to have the T.V. up louder than everyone else?
SOME HEARING LOSS CAN BE TREATED MEDICALLY OR SURGICALLY. OTHER TYPES OF HEARING LOSS ARE HELPED THROUGH THE USE OF AMPLIFICATION. A HEARING EVALUATION WILL DETERMINE WHICH ROUTE OF TREATMENT IS NEEDED.